Friday, June 23, 2006

Batman

Batman

You want to know what I'll always associate with June 23? It's the only date I can remember specifically when a movie opened. In 1989, the Batman movie directed by Tim Burton, with Michael Keaton, Kim Basinger and Jack Nicholson, opened. We were going to go opening night, at the Plaza Twin, but both the 7 and 9 o'clock shows sold out. The first and only times I ever was turned away from the Plaza Twin.

I saw that movie the next day. I'd go on to see it 5 more times that summer.

17 years ago, though. Dang.

(This is kinda like the other day, when I realized the Marlins and Rockies had been playing in their 14th season this year...and I said "How the hell did these assholes get 14 years by me?" This is a lot like that, only three years more pissed off...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home