Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Thought on a baseball game

Thought on a Baseball Game

I made it to the 16th inning of last night's Cubs/Astros game. At 1, I'd been awake 20 hours, and had slept seven hours over the previous sixty, so I had to call it a night. The banter between Bob Brenly and Len Kaspar started to sound like I was underwater, and they were yelling at me from above the surface. I quickly realized that I'd fallen asleep with my head in my footbath again, and that I needed to sleep in my bed.

And if I were an Astros fan, and saw my team get a man on third with one out with a game on the line, and not get out of the inning with a win, I'd have shot my TeeVee. One of those rare occasions where the Cubs actually executed like they needed to.

Who else stood and cheered when Clemens got plunked?

Who else said when Ryan Theriot came up to bat that he needed to watch out?

It made me laugh, though, that even with the umpire having warned Clemens and the benches, that Juan Pierre seemed even lighter on that lead foot than he normally is for the first pitch or two of his at bat...like he's ready to bail, if need be....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home