Thursday, August 03, 2006

In Which I Participate in the Electoral Process

In Which I Participate in the Electoral Process

In case in of my fellow Tennesseans still have yet to vote today, and you're looking for just the right candidate for you State Senate race, you can always write-in Thomas E. Acuff...

Just sayin'. I'd like more than one vote.

Yep. I voted today. Since all the candidates in most races strike me as redneck, rightwing, ultrareligious carbon copies of each other, I took the liberty of writing myself in in that State Senate race.

Actually, when I wasn't writing in names or voting against the incumbent on general principals, I did vote on a few key issues.

Didn't care for the fact that one of the folks running for State Representative spouts his support for Public Education, yet homeschools his kids, so I voted for Bob McKee.

Voted for Carl Mashburn for our Highway Commissioner, mostly because he's running as an Independent, but also because I didn't care for the groundswell of letters-to-the-editor that have shown up in support of the incumbent who's run basically on the strength of the statement "I been doin' the job for 22 years!"

And I voted for one guy because his name was "Chan," and I believed that he'd do most of his own stunts.

Anyway. This wasn't the election for me. There's a push to get package stores on the ballot for November. THAT's the election you have to make sure to vote on.

Because we're tired of driving to Turkey Creek or Ooltewah.

Yep. This post where I show my asinine attempts at humor and derailing the political process has officially petered out.

You guys have a good day....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home