Saturday, September 09, 2006

Saturday

Saturday

Well, my buddy Steven and I are wandering down to Atlanta today. It's the Cubs' only visit to Atlanta, and I figure I should go root them on in their quest not to lose 100 games this year.

There was a time the Cubbies would show up on Atlanta's home schedule a couple times a year. Makes me miss the days of 2 divisions, 12 teams in the National League and no interleague play.

Also makes me wistful for those days when the Braves, led by Dale Murphy, Bob Horner and Rick Mahler were reguarly struggling not to lose 100 games themselves, year-in and year-out. Those were neat days to head down to Atlanta for a weekend as a family. You could ALWAYS walk up and find some deal on tickets...2-for-1 general admission, and this is back when General Admission was $3 or $4. Occasionally, you'd find whole stadium general admission nights.

This is, of course, back before the Braves started their pesky habit of winning, thus making themselves a draw to fans....

The cheapskate in me misses those days.

I think I heard on XM that Wade Miller's making his debut this weekend...I think today, but I may be wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home