Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Today's Quotes

Today's Quotes

"Do not write so that you can be understood, but so that you cannot be misunderstood." ---Marcus Fabius Quintilian.

I've been paraphrasing that one, lately. At work, I'm finding it difficult to wrap my mind around that one. I am having to realize that my goal is not to make myself understood, but make it so that I am not misunderstood. That's what communication is, lately.

Also:

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."---Friedrich Nietzsche

Trying to communicate at work the fact that there is not just one right way of doing things. And just because it doesn't look "normal" does not mean that it's wrong.

I'll throw another Quintilian out there: Damnant quod non intellegunt, or, They Condemn What They Do Not Understand.....

I want to point out the Nietzsche Family Circus, which I enjoyed muchly. Saw it at Zonker's....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home