Sunday, March 18, 2007

Post Number 2500: In which I make a promise

Post Number 2500: In which I make a promise

2500 posts. How about that?

In this the 2500th post, I'd like to talk briefly about a dream I had the other night. In the dream, I was working in Africa. Laying sod, is what I told people, though at no point in the dream did I do anything of the sort.

I'm part of a group that's working over there, (all of us some manner of landscapers, I would reckon). And the other workers were getting antsy because the local warlord was picking workers off with his "Lion Grenades."

Don't know what Lion Grenades are, but in my dream I accepted it as the scary threat that it sounds like.

That warlord, by the way, was played in my dream by Djimon Hounsou.

I remember that part because the first time I see the warlord in my dream, I say "he's being played by Djimon Hounsou."

I remember little else in the dream, except for the one point I'm driving my pickup truck (which I've apparently taken with me to Africa), and I realize I'm being chased by Djimon Hounsou, who's driving his specialized jeep, which is festooned with bayonets (and, one would assume, lion grenades).

Many bayonets, however. Such was the subject of my consternation, especially as I suddenly found myself standing on the carport of the house I lived in when I was a toddler, with Djimon Hounsou's Bayonet Jeep bearing down upon me.

Luckily for me (and you, the reader), I woke up. (I think).

Then and there, lying in my room, lit only by the dimmest green of my alarm clock's display, I decided that 7 pounds of cheddar cheese slathered with Grey Poupon mustard is probably not the best method of halting that late night hunger.

But to this point in my 30 years on this planet, I've not found many a better way, either.

Thank you folks, and y'all have a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home