Sunday, March 04, 2007

Reno 911: Miami

Reno 911: Miami

Damn. That was disappointing. When I heard that they were making a movie, and then that all the old cast members of The State would also show up, I was stoked.

Disappointing, though. It suffers from what a lot of SNL movies suffer from--there's just not enough energy to carry an hour and a half worth of movie in the characters or situations. It's all very skitty, and this flick seemed to dwell on jokes a lot longer than was funny.

Plus there was one really offputting moment when I realized that the necktie Patton Oswalt's character was wearing was one of the very same I have. Somehow, I could not look away from the necktie, and I hoped that I look a lot more like the badass I imagine I am in my necktie than how Patton looked in his.

That whole SNL movie thing I mention actually makes me a little nervous about the Aqua Teen Hunger Force and even the Simpsons movies, later this year. The Aqua Teens don't make episodes longer than 15 or 20 minutes. And the Simpsons haven't put together a consistently funny series of episodes for longer than I'd care to admit. Can they put together something worth watching for an hour and a half?

I'll say this, though. Somehow, that Simpsons trailer is really, really pretty up on the big screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home