Friday, May 11, 2007

Thoughts on the Movie 28 Weeks Later...

Thoughts on the Movie 28 Weeks Later...

1. I think Robert Carlyle is a cannibal in real life, and takes roles like this and his in Ravenous to come out of that cannibalism closet, if only for a short while.

2. My two favorite actor names are now Imogen Poots and Mackintosh Muggleton.

3. It is astounding to me that Kevin Costner, he of the "Man Against the World" role, has not yet found his way into a zombie movie, a niche in a genre that exemplifies "us vs. them" and "man vs. the world" more than any other type of flick.

4. And yes, it's a zombie movie. Anybody who stops to explain why this and its predecessor are not zombie movies needs to be shown into the Picard vs. Kirk Discussion Room, and then gassed.

5. Not as good as the first, which I enjoyed muchly on a reviewing the other day. But a decent enough way to pass an afternoon. I wasn't sorry I went.

6. It took me the whole friggin' movie to realize that the Helicopter pilot was Harold Perrineau, who played Michael on Lost. I hate when I get that thing going in my head, where I can't figure out who the person is...it didn't take me out of the movie (as has happened), but it tends to be a distraction. It should be noted that this is not an indictment of the movie, rather another notch in the post cataloging my potential mental illness....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home