Sunday, August 24, 2008

In which he tries to shake off a little blogger malaise....

In which he tries to shake off a little blogger malaise...

I think your old pal Tommy's been suffering from a little blogger malaise. And, looking around the blogoverse here lately, I don't believe I'm the only one.

What you have to consider is that I've been keeping this little booger alive for almost six years now, and it's very possible that I hit the high water mark for Tommy's brand of inanity somewhere in the fall of 2003.....

I dunno. Truth is, I'm working like an asshole for 50 to 55 hours a week. Add to that the 8-10 hours a week I'm devoting to a commute. Add to that the price of gas, and I'm doing what I can to not feel like I took a five grand a year pay cut.

Add to that I just took on six hours worth of classes toward an eventual teaching degree, which means added reading and writing on top of the logistical issue of actually heading to a classroom to sit for that time.

Add to that the fact that I've gotten the bug up my ass that I really do want to be a writer, and I'm devoting at least an hour and sometimes however feels right above and beyond.

Add to that the fact that despite being a quiet and not quite flashy guy, I do like to get out and do things with friends from time to time.

Sometimes, blogging just ain't a priority.

Neither is sleep, apparently. Which is a pain...

And, truth be told...my mood's just not been the greatest here lately. Probably my biggest flaw in life is the fact that I tend to take shit too seriously. That was what I liked about the blog...I could come here and be silly, and not get too much shit about it. For the most part, I try to keep it light here. And lately, the stuff I start writing here, it comes out gripey. So, I just leave it be.

Which kinda sucks, because I do enjoy it when I get a chance to go out there and write about whatever.

So. My point?

Aside from the one at the top of my head?

I gotta think blogging's gonna be light around these parts. For the next little while.

But, I'll still be around. Bear with me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home