Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday...

Monday

Had the Monday off. Three days out of the last four. Managed to pull myself back from the screaming asshole frame of mind. A little refreshed...a little reminded that there exists a life outside of those four walls. Just needed a reminder.

Gotten a little stressed here lately. Feeling a little better now.

Not so prone to snapping and killing a customer when they holler at me because of the price of a 12 pack of Cokes....

I'm still prone, mind you. Just not so much. Yes, I know Cokes are expensive.

Anyway....

Earlier this month, I said I was going to follow the NaNoWriMo pattern for August, to try to write a 50,000 word piece in 30 days. The thinking was, August is an easier month to undertake such a project, working in the business I do. November is generally the month for such things, and let me tell you, if I'm bitching right now about lack of free time, November's a horse of a different color.

Still, true to form, life's little inconveniences take hold, and I haven't found the energy to sit and write.

Got pissed at myself today. Really pissed. Not quite Bluto singing "I'm Mean, I'm Mean, I'm Mean" pissed, but the orchestra was warming up.

Got pissed, and made my ass sit and write.

Pumped out 5,500 words.

Maybe not high quality. But if I can kick my own ass into doing something today....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home