Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Novel Idea

A Novel Idea

A friend of mine put a bug in my ear at work...we got to talking about National Novel Writing Month, and how it sucks to try writing a novel in November if you're A.) a student (her situation) or B.) working in a grocery store during the busiest grocery month of the year (situation mine).

She and some of her friends are trying in August. I think I'm going to play along, as well.

You long-suffering readers will remember a couple of abortive attempts...one that actually turned out well in the long run...my first completed draft of a novel.

Well...I'm going to put the whole shebang up online for August. I'm taking vacation days later in the month, and life should be getting a touch easier for a little bit at work, for a while (I have no reason to think this, but I'm going to be positive. This way, it's much more spectacular when I go ballistic.)

Going to give this a try. It's been a rough summer. Not the absolute shit that 2007 was, but it's been a rough one. And a rough few days, too.

Need to get my ass back in gear. Bullshitting people about liking to write, when I've written very little substantial lately.

So, gonna start up again, the first of August.

Don't know what I'm writing about.

Don't care, really.

Just know that this is something I gotta do.

Not getting younger.

Prettier, maybe.

I am a helluva dude. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Might not be a whole lot of posting otherwise.

But, it's not like there's been a whole hell of a lot of posting, as it is.

Stay tuned, hulkamaniacs....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home