Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blogmeet....

Blogmeet....

Well, I'm probably the last to post a word or three on the blog get together held this past weekend at Eric's house....

There's not much I can add to all the fine words said on the festivities....

I'll just say that my big ass needed a nice weekend like this, just to let some hair down and have conversations that didn't involve a.) work or b.) more fuckin' work....

I started the party a little late...this being my first weekend off since early September, there were other obligations to be met. Sadly, I missed Friday's debauchery watching my buddy Barry get pummeled by Raven in the rubber match of their ongoing feud....

Saturday, I woke to find that some bastard had egged the house and the BigStupidTommymobile. I weighed the idea of searching out the villains and dispensing a few hard-elbowed justice strikes. Since the neighbors got it as bad as I did, I decided this wasn't a personal vendetta. Instead of again wearing the mask of vigilante, I instead took a minute to wash the egg off the truck, and then wandered East, to Englewood, and the Tellico Junction Cafe.

I was, for perhaps the very first time in the year 2008, first to the party. I took a coffee (black as my soul, I told the waitress, who seemed neither amused nor bemused...).

Soon, in wandered Teresa, Boudicca, Morrigan & Sissy....I was soon to meet Bobo and Richmond, whose face I did not put with a blog until several hours later (I'm sorry to say)....I've been reading hers off and on for a good bit of time....

Erica came by...I apologized for the cancelled plans on my New York Trip a while back...she was very, very cool about the whole deal.

The usual suspects wandered in...I said my helloes to Elisson, Jimbo, Kenny, Eric, Jerry, Denny & Zonker.

It was later in the day that I got to say my helloes to Dax Montana and John Cox, who ate at the same time, and also to Redneck, later at the house....

A breakfast of too many biscuits and gravies later, I had to take care of a couple more obligations for family stuff.

I wandered back in the evening...there, we dined on ribs, and bullshat the night away....

There was an added advantage to being local to Eric's get tegether....I slept at home (even watching the last couple of outs to the Phillies/Rays game Saturday night, at 1:50 or so). I then slept, and overslept....while the rest of that crew who'd stayed at the Sleep Inn in Etowah were subject to the dangers of modern drying conveniences.....

Yep. No Draher Fahers at Casa de Big Stupid Tommy.

That I know of.

Anyway....

If I've left anybody out of my account, drop my dumb ass a note. It was, as always, a pleasure to see everybody....who knows...maybe next time I'll find enough time off work to hit another blogmeet somewhere in the world....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home