Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I could have done with a bar fight today....

I could have done with a bar fight today...

Before I get to my point, can I talk for a minute about vices?

My blog, so you go to Hell.

Vices, huh? I've never smoked. I drink now and again, but rarely to excess anymore, and never to that point where I or anybody's said "put on some pants and stop drinking." And while I concede that maybe I've just been lucky on that last point, I'll continue and say that pot just made me paranoid, and I don't dig the cottony-feeling painkillers tend to give me.

Aside from running hobos down with my truck, I guess junk food's been my vice of choice.

Deep fried's a favorite, but I can go salty or sugary just as easily. Hell, if it's processed, battered in white flour, has seven or eight different preservatives and comes in a plastic wrapper, or is sold in gas stations, or out of a window next to the interstate, I've probably eaten it seven times, and have probably dipped it in nacho cheese, at some point.

So, for about six weeks now, I feel like I've done pretty well for myself. Cutting back on the starchy stuff, the sugary stuff. Not eating fast food, if I can help it. Not trying to compare it to any other particular addictions, but I just gotta go day-by-day. It's one thing to eat yogurt, or fruit, or a baked chicken breast today. But all it takes is one morning where I'm running late, and a couple sausage and egg biscuits sure does hit the spot....

I'm rambling...I'm tired.

Today was a shitty day. It's mostly of my own making, I guess. Nothing particularly bad happened. Just woke up feeling a little kicked in the balls, and was left wanting for somebody to take it out on.

In the past, a little, or quite a bit of comfort food might have been the order of the day.

Today, I did okay. Didn't go hog wild on anything. Ate vegetables, mostly. A few brazil nuts.

Stayed, pissy, though.

Maybe it'll get better.

I dunno.

The point of all this? I think I might have just felt better if I'd had a good bar fight to get into. You know, the type that begins with the sound of stools scooting over hardwood or linoleum, and ends with a redneck trying to figure out if new bridgework can be claimed on Tenncare.

It almost seems like a Monty Python routine....like if I'd gone down to the Learning Annex, and paid $20, I could have gotten into a fight.

Several weeks back, I got into a pretty intense argument with a co-worker. Truth be told, it might have been the best thing that could have happened, as I was as stress-free at the job as I'd been in weeks, and was good to go pretty much through the holiday season.

Is there a service I can call? Maybe they'll come to my house, and we can go a couple of rounds, and at the end of it, there will be no hard feelings, or more importantly, no legal action?

Eh. Enough whining. Y'all take it easy, alright?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home