Thursday, March 25, 2010

Flannery O'Connor Top 5

Sheila noted over on ye olde Facebooke that today would have been Flannery O'Connor's birthday, and put up one of my favorite quotes:

"Whenever I'm asked why Southern writers particularly have a penchant for writing about freaks, I say it is because we are still able to recognize one."

I think I've given more copies of Flannery O'Connor's complete short stories as gifts, than any other book. I dunno. There's a humor attached to her work that strikes all the right chords for me, and I've given it to people with similar senses of humor....

Not a lot to say, except that she's a favorite, and what follows is a brief list of my favorite O'Connor stories:

1. Good Country People
2. Enoch and the Gorilla
3. Why do the Heathen Rage?
4. The Train
5. The River

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home