Thursday, March 03, 2011

A brief note to the Lunatic Fringe

My buddy Mike threw this video up tonight. And by that, I mean he posted this video on Facebook. If Mike could throw up video pixels? I'd pay to watch that. Mike Toole: The Man Who Vomits Video. He's a good guy, who blogs stuff, from time to time. Check it out.

This? Not much fun to watch, especially if you're like me, and this Culture of the Loudest Shouter we live in bores and tires you.



You know, I was going to try to be funny, but outside of a crappy joke about how easy it is to find a megaphone? I got nothing.

We've got too much free time, in this country, especially for the lunatic fringe.

For a lot of us, but especially the lunatic fringe.

I say that, addressing the lunatic fringe. The great majority of this country is basically cool folks, who even if they disagree with what somebody does, they don't intrude into somebody else's business.

But to the Lunatic Fringe, I sit in wonder. Mostly because I don't have the time, much less the inclination, to go out to a street corner, and yell about somebody else having a meeting.

And if you are spending your time doing that?

Fuck you. And give me some of your spare time.

I'm not talking about your religions. I do not care.

I'm not talking about your politics. I do not care.

Instead of yelling at each other, how about going to do something constructive?

Feed a hungry person.

Clothe someone without.

Build a house.

Read a book.

Teach a kid to read that book.

If you're standing out on a street corner, yelling at another group of people to Get Out of My Country, you're the worst kind of asshole.

And me? I'm not doing enough of those things listed above. Not by a long shot.

But at least I'm not screaming at people out in public.

If I could go back in time, I would destroy megaphones, the media and the internet for making the Lunatic Fringe seem like it has a louder voice than it actually does.

Tired and cranky, I remain yours,

Tommy

1 Comments:

Blogger Holder said...

I blame Jerry Springer for the fall of our country...

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home