Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Listens, this day, 13 September 2011

The listens this morning, as I wrote:

"Big Escape"/Pearly Gate Music
"Everybody Wants You"/Puddle of Mudd (Dunno why I like their cover album Re:(Disc)overed so much, but it's a fun listen)
"Viva La Vida"/Coldplay
"Get Outta My Way"/The Dirt Daubers
"Speed of Darkness"/Flogging Molly
"The River of Dreams"/Billy Joel
"Psychomania"/The Damned
"I Sit Down When I Pee"/Tim and Eric (Yeah...you shouldn't download and add to the writing mix after beers).
"Haircut"/The Waifs
"The Present State of Grace"/Flogging Molly
"Black Water"/Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
"Who'll Stop the Rain"/Creedence Clearwater Revival
"Red Tide"/Neko Case (Fun song....I listened to it three times...)
"(Don't Go Back to) Rockville"/R.E.M.
"The First Time I Saw Waylon"/Roger Alan Wade
"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"/U2

A couple of notes:

I highly recommend The Dirt Daubers, both in their eponymous effort, and even more for "Wake Up, Sinners," which officially hits streets today. Fun stuff from JD Wilkes and company. They played at Muddy Roots back over Labor Day weekend. The Joys of Working Retail made it impossible to head up that way....would definitely like to catch them live, some time when time and budget allow....

I'm also having a surprising amount of fun with the Puddle of Mudd cover record. Dunno exactly why. It's just a good listen....

1 Comments:

Blogger Holder said...

I love Puddle of Mud's "Wicked". It's great for running...

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home