Monday, August 06, 2012

Thoughts from the Ass End of the Night: Mars Edition.

I'm not against this Mars Rover Curiosity.  I'm excited by it, and since we have it, I'll follow it with keen interest.  I mean, it's not every day we shoot a robot at another planet, and have it do science.

(And take better pictures a planet away than I can take here on Earth...)

But I look at that 10 digit price tag.  I read 2.5 billion dollars.  Oof.  That's a lot of cheese.

I'd rather spend that money on other stuff.

Schools.

Job Programs.

Maybe, fixing an infrastructure that has my power going out anytime the wind switches directions too quickly, as things stand now.

We need to explore. Yes.  Absolutely.

We need to right things here, too.

And maybe stop fighting pointless wars.

We can do all of these things.  Easily.  With fucking style, by the way.  2.5 Billion isn't ANYTHING when it comes to my Uncle Sam.

So, I guess I'm behind it.

I'm sleepy.  Can't sleep.  Watching nerds be happy on my TeeVee.

Which is cool.  I like it when nerds are happy.

Woot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home