Sunday, June 02, 2013

Millionaires

I like baseball.

A lot.

But, I get really tired of hearing about when games run into the wee hours of the morning, with a day game to be played later on.  Last night, Cleveland and Tampa played until nearly 3 AM, due to various rain delays, with a game to be played 10 hours later.

Lotta hand-wringing with the media, and even a couple of players.

Grow the fuck up, please.

Here lately, I've done one turn and burn shift a week.

A Turn and Burn is where I go to work at 1 PM, close the store 10 hours later, and leave somewhere between 11:15 and 11:30, if I'm lucky.  Then, I drive for thirty minutes, get home somewhere around midnight, and wander toward bed somewhere around 12:30.  Then, if I'm lucky, after 4 1/2 or 5 hours of sleep, I get up and go to work for 10 more hours.

Sometimes I do it twice a week.

And I do it for less than 15% of the minimum annual baseball salary.

I do it for roughly 1.8% of the average baseball player's salary of 2.3 million.

I don't know.  For 2.3 million a year, I'd go every day on 4 hours sleep.

I'd be a crabby-ass millionaire.  But I'd do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home