Saturday, September 05, 2026

Random Thoughts, this September 5, 2026

 Hot.

It's been really, really, really hot.

I think we hit 100 yesterday.  It's been humid, as well.

My tomato plants are suffering.

SUFFERING!

----

Go See Coyote vs. Acme.  It's delightful.  Just good clean fun.

Saw that it's opening in a couple hundred more screens this week than last.  And that makes me happy.  Knowing that Warner tried to shelve the picture to take a take write off on its loss rather than releasing.  Glad Ketchup salvaged it and put it out.  

Saw it on a hot Wednesday afternoon in a theater with about 20 people.  A handful of us were laughing along, but there was one young man who was there with mother or grandmother whose laugh made me as happy as the movie.

-----

Had given some thought to trying to catch Star Trek II: the Wrath of Khan, along with a showing of the Original Series episode Space Seed tonight down in Hixson, but the holiday week kinda wore me out, so I can't see myself spending the time.  It's not often that I lament living as far from Chattanooga or Knoxville as I do, but it usually involves something showing in one of their towns that isn't showing here, or general proximity to Knoxville's Central Cinema, which does a great job all around.

(Seriously, if I lived closer than an hour away from Central Cinema I'd probably be in there once a week minimum....)

-----

The Cubs have won a couple.  I've not written much about them this summer, but they're a good squad, and they can run with anybody in the league.  Especially after the acquisitions of Clay Holmes and Kevin Gausman at the trade deadline.  But that bullpen got used a LOT from May to July.  And there are some tired arms.  Grabbing an innings eater like Gausman is great....but it isn't a fixall.

I cringed a little when I saw Shota Imanaga coming out for the 7th inning against the Marlins last night.  I understand the matchup against Conine....but it made me nervous....and with good reason.  Civale got out of the inning, but not without a fingernail or two gnawed on my couch.

I'd love for them to go 4-2 on this road trip.  I'd especially like them to go 2-1 against the Brewers in Milwaukee this coming week...

I'm in a weird place with Milwaukee.  I'll always root for the Cubs, and Milwaukee is a constant source of frustration, especially when it feels like the Cubs play them 59 times in a season.  But it's a well run franchise, and it wouldn't bother me to see them win the whole damn thing......(if the Cubs can't beat them, that is.....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home