Friday, January 31, 2003

Okay. Here's a news story for you to read. Make sure you read the Dan Rather comment at the left side of the page.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. The brainlessness of Rather's comment surprises me, though it shouldn't. The arrogance that the military would release this kind of info is a little disturbing on a couple of levels. It just says "here's what we're doing and there's not a thing they can do about it." Maybe it's the scare tactic feel of the whole mess that bothers me. If we were serious about what we intended to do, we wouldn't tell them.

Also, it tells me that if I'm named Saddam Hussein and I'm wanting to fight any kind of war in response, I'm not going to be anywhere within 180 miles of Baghdad. I'll be sitting in my bunker out in the desert with 200 of my elite guard and my finger on a whole bunch of SCUD missiles pointed right at Tel Aviv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home