Saturday, March 15, 2003

I did want to mention that the March 12th NWA-TNA show was one of their absolute best. I'm going to put it in the top three, and maybe top two, right behind the August show where the Jerry Lynn/A.J. Styles/Low-Ki match just blew everything else out of the water.

Jerry Lynn and David Young (who's impressed me greatly of late) had a tag match against the Luchadores Damien and Halloween. I can only say that Jerry Lynn is probably the most consistently great performer in the TNA. And his opponents were up to the task of performing with him.

D-Lo Brown made his first TNA appearance. He bashed the WWF for holding him down.

And lo! and Behold! "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan showed up! Stars and Stripes Forever blared over the loudspeakers, and I jumped up. I was hoping against hope. And it was! He came out, flag and all. Overalls with an American Shield on the front. Problem was, he got booed by some of the workrate nerds that have taken up residence in the Asylum. My advice is to have fun. Give the guy a one time benefit of the doubt. I don't necessarily wanting him taking the spotlight from Jerry Lynn or Amazing Red. But I'll be happy to have seen him once.

I didn't care for the finish of the main event. Raven and A.J. Styles got the double pin. I didn't care that much for it, especially since it was a finish used for the tag championship a month ago, an issue which was only resolved earlier this same show, when Low-Ki and Chris Daniels won the tag championship.

A solid show. If you're a wrestling fan (and you'd better be), check out the TNA guys. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home