Monday, March 10, 2003

I had a really weird dream last night, too.

I'm driving from Atlanta, Georgia northward. And I keep pulling off the road to dodge big giant holes in the road. The interstate is cratered, as if from bomb blasts. And then I wasn't on the interstate. I was driving on a back road.

I pull off into a gas station. It's not one of the convenience store/gas stations that we have nowadays. It's just a couple of gas pumps and a booth where the attendant stands. I get out, and he's waving me over. He's shows me his book of newspapers and it's talking about the insect bombs. The attendant becomes a guy I work with, and he tells me that all this is happening because somebody stole from him.

Apparently, America's being bombed with insect bombs. Then I'm in the booth with the guy, and it's a lot bigger inside than it looks. He's got an aisle with candy and coke coolers. He shows me a crowbar, to keep people from stealing stuff. And suddenly, there's like 20 people inside this booth/store. And they all say they're hiding out from the insect bombs. And somebody says they (the enemy, I guess) moved up to spider-bombs and bee-bombs.

And we watch on TV as places get bombed. And that's when I wake up.

I've not done it justice for how weird and intense it felt to me. I woke up and had to re-establish my surroundings. I went to the bathroom and got a drink of water. I tried going back to sleep, but couldn't for a little while.

Maybe I am a little anxious about this war stuff, after all.

Or maybe it's the insect bombs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home