Sunday, March 16, 2003

I Hate the Fox Network

Since Fox's new Oliver Beene show is so bad, here now, is a brief and poorly thought-out review and rumination upon tonight's episode of the Simpsons.

My friend Joebo has offered the opinion that Homer has been made too much of a stooge here lately. I hadn't given it much thought. I'll have to think on it for a little while, but I kept it in mind as I watched tonight's episode.

In this episode, Homer fails at love on Valentine's Day, seeks help at extension school and through merry misadventures becomes the owner of the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant. Mr. Burns is fired, and hilarity ensues.

To quote Jim Rome: It was great.

The top lines:

#4: "Monkey made of drugs." Marrakesh merchant explains the ease of acquiring drugs to Smithers.

#3: "Eat crowd, old man!" as Homer throws Mr. Burns off the balcony.

#2: "U.S. Steel was once owned by a half-eaten breakfast," Mr. Burns explains to Smithers the process by which folks get around tax laws inside corporate America.

and the top quote from tonight's episode of Simpsons:

#1: "I'll just throw back my legs and pollute my pants with delight!" Mr. Burns on Homer's suggestions.

A few other thoughts on today:

If you missed the end to today's race in Darlington, you missed a damn goodie. Ricky Craven bested Kurt Busch by something like 1/64th of an inch. It was more like a foot, but it was frigging close.

I'm not impressed with the pairings for the start of next weekend's NCAA men's basketball tournament. You can't tell me that Purdue and Alabama are better than Tennessee and Texas Tech. But it's small apples, and I just want another opportunity to see Bobby Knight scream and yell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home