Friday, April 11, 2003

It's 4 AM, and I'm having an insomnia moment.

I watched a hilarious episode of Scooby-Doo, guest starring Davey Jones! And they broke up the traditional Fred/Daphne and Velma/Shaggy/Scooby search teams. Instead it was Fred/Shaggy/Scooby and Velma/Daphne/Davey Jones. And that last group got chased by a chair. Did they draw the studio audience that laughed at all the jokes?

And I watched a touching and poignant episode of Head of the Class. It happens on Valentines Day.

Here now, I rank the original ten students of the I.H.P. under Charlie Moore's tutelage, in order of my favorite to my least favorite:

1. Maria
2. Simone
3. Jawarharlal
4. Dennis
5. Arvid
6. Sara
7. Alan
8. Eric
9. Janice
10. Darlene

The bottom four on the list really made me mad. Quite mad.

Alan's just one of those Hitler Youth Young Republicans. Eric's a dime-store punk who's not really a punk. He's supposed to be like a street guy from a bad home. But all he really does is wear sunglasses. Janice is simply obnoxious because she's 12 and smarter than everyone. Incidentally, in the final episode of Head of the Class, when they graduated, Janice came back (she was written out when it was no longer feasible to think she was 12), and she was a giant! She was taller than everybody.

And then there's Darlene. She's just an evil, vile person. Plus, the actress who played her once married Mike Tyson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home