Thursday, May 08, 2003

I did a favor for a fellow at work last week. Rehiring him for a temporary position. He quit after three hours. He started the day after the day we'd previously agreed. And the day he started, he quit after three hours. Actually, I made him quit. I wasn't going to put up with his complaining and constantly asking for help. I've been put under a ridiculous amount of stress here lately at work. And I didn't need him on my conscience.

See, his catch phrase is "I love you and I'd do anything in the world for you."

He said this four times during the last conversation, and I asked "will you tough it out and actually work?"

And I hurt him.

I told him that if he wasn't going to work out today, he can't work any more.

So he left.

There's a very petty part of me that's quite angry about the whole mess. It's put me in a bad hole at work, because now I'm short basically two people. And this guy was begging me and begging me for work for weeks and weeks. And he gets there and can't work out the first day.

I've got the weekend off next week. I want to go camping. Just get my mind off of the whole mess.

At least last night when the NWA-TNA's Trinity used me to post herself up over the rail, we both understood our parts in that tradeoff.

I think it's just another example of why the site is called Big Stupid Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home