Monday, May 12, 2003

I got a very nice e-mail from Robin who said my site was full of fun trivia and well-written rhetoric. This site is an excellent diversion.

Hell yeah!

Changing the subject, I would like to announce my displeasure with Gregory Maguire's Lost. It just didn't hold my interest, so I gave up. I didn't feel any kind of connection with the main character. The dialogue was clunky and the plot just seemed to be spinning its wheels. I think it's going for suspense. And it's just not happening.

It's disappointing since I really enjoyed reading his Wicked.

Looking back, though. There was an entire section of Wicked that I ended up just skimming. The style of writing, to me, clashed with the other sections of the book so much that I wondered if it was written well before or well after the other sections.

I don't know what I'll read next yet. Anybody out there reading anything they might suggest? For once in my life my list of books to read is rather small.

Lastly. Would anybody care to explain what rhetoric is? Is it anything like the stuff the Monkees sing about? Because that's not quite what I'm going for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home