Monday, July 14, 2003

Happy Birthday, Julie

I just wanted to publicly call attention to the fact that my friend Julie was born several years ago, today.

I've asked her, but not gotten a satisfactory answer, if since her birthday falls on Bastille Day, she ever gets sentimental for prison riots.

We went to Chili's last night, where she threatened certain death if we'd alerted the restaurant that it was her birthday.

Can any restaurant come up with something more than the wait staff clapping at your table?

Actually, she threatened "to pop the bulbous melon perched precariously on (my) neck like a bloated tick if you tell the waiter anything about my birthday."

Later, we watched Office Space at her apartment on her new DVD player. Every time I see that movie, it gets funnier. Just the part where Peter is walking down the hallway, Lumbergh steps into his path, and Peter just swerves to the left and walks right around him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home