Monday, July 07, 2003

Okay, now we can ignore Michael Savage

Michael Savage got canned by MSNBC for calling a caller a "Sodomite."

Good. I'm all for free speech, but this guy's brand of poison is rather sickening. The fewer outlets he has to spew his venom, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

The problem is all the coverage. Hell, I'm talking about him. I saw the link above (or similar links) at four different sites. (I got the one above from Warren Ellis' Die Puny Humans, and I think SKBubba linked to the same). And since we talk about his getting shitcanned, there are going to be people who want to see and listen to this guy whom "they aren't letting you listen to."

As far as I'm concerned, this guy is perfect fodder for "the List." Except that he's not even going to give him that kind of attention. It's fun to ignore Rob Schneider and Spike Lee, but their exploits are up for debate (I kind of like Spike's early stuff, just not his politics of late). See, Schneider and Lee annoy me. Michael Savage is dangerous. To spew that kind of hate, yet still be viewed as a relevant political commentator. It's not fun to ignore Michael Savage, it's just necessary.

So. He's not going up on the vaunted list. Because he doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Rob Schneider.

Just ignore him. And he, like all the other Hitler Youth, will give himself stomach cancer and fade away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home