Tuesday, August 12, 2003

David Letterman's Hall of Famer Top Ten

Dave is in re-runs this week, but I caught last night's Top Ten. The topic was, the Top Ten Perks of Being a Member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame.

The Hall of Famers reading the list were all great.

Now, in the order of appearance, they were:

10. Lou Brock
9. Harmon Killebrew
8. Brooks Robinson
7. Ralph Kiner
6. Rollie Fingers
5. Bob Gibson
4. Phil Niekro
3. Bob Feller
2. Ozzie Smith
1. Gary Carter

Incidentally, Ralph Kiner had the best combination of joke and performance. His was, "All the Rosin I can Eat!"

I liked number 9 as the best joke, but Harmon Killebrew's read was a little off.

Used to watch Dave all the time. Even had one of my letters read by him on a CBS Mailbag segment, way back in 1996 or 1997. Here lately, I've been watching different stuff when he's on. Baseball Tonight, or Cartoon Network. I think I'll be watching West Wing re-runs on Bravo. What I saw on the weekend really impressed me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home