Monday, August 11, 2003

So Frigging Hot

I would like to re-call the summer, please. Who the hell voted for all this mess? Instead of summer, from now on, I would like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Autumn, Winter, Spring, Schwarzenegger. And after school you'd have a Schwarzenegger Vacation. And there'd be Schwarzenegger School for those kids who didn't pass Algebra. And Major League Baseball's All-Star break would be called the Mid-Schwarzenegger Classic. And that old surfing movie would become Endless Schwarzenegger.

We're still deciding if the hostess of Beg, Borrow & Deal would become Schwarzenegger Sanders.

It's so hot outside.

Well. Not as hot as it could be. I think it's supposed to be 103 in Wichita today. That's hotter. By some degree.

But I went to La Vergne (the town) to see about employment. I'm enthusiastic about my chances where I applied, by the way. I'm not high on the idea of working for another huge company where I'm but a cog in the machine...but the money situation's getting down to the nitty gritty...so ya gotta do what ya gotta do, I guess.

But it's soooooo hot outside.

I think I brain my damaged.

See, when I'm not working or applying for work, I dress like I'm 12. From April through about Halloween or so, I'm a shorts and T-Shirt type of feller. I'm just more comfortable. So wearing long pants (britches), especially in the summer, is a bit alien to me. My legs get hot.

Add to that the fact that I decided to wear a black golf shirt down that way.

And add to that my pickup truck is also black. And it has no air conditioning.

And it looked like rain when I went in with my resume and to fill out the application, so I rolled my windows all the way up.

I came back out, and I'd just been inside about a half hour or so, and the truck was like a blast furnace. I rolled down the windows. But I couldn't get a breeze, because I went during La Vergne's lunch hour, and there are only about 14 big warehouse type places, with roughly 2.4 million people all trying to go to Hardee's.

It took me ten minutes to get someplace where a nice breeze blew.

And I don't want to have to suffer like that again.

I didn't vote for summer, so I shouldn't have to accept the fact that summer won the election.

So. When we vote. You vote for Arnold Schwarzenegger to replace Summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home