Monday, August 11, 2003

Stupid Rafael Palmeiro

Palmeiro didn't accept a trade to the Cubs. Instead, he wants to help his team get back to .500, and then (I would assume) get his feet set and his rear end ready for when the Rangers don't re-sign him in the off season. All that loyalty, and he'll still have to go someplace else. I mean, it's not like the Rangers don't have Hank Blalock, Mark Texeira and a badass first base prospect that they got when they traded Urbina to the Marlins.

Like I said, if it's me, and I've never won a World Series ring and the club I'm being traded to has a slim chance...but a better chance than the Rangers, and I'm making millions of dollars regardless, and I'm going to get dropped like a toilet seat at the end of the season by either club anyway....I'm going to the contender. I could handle a couple of months away from the wife and kids. But that's just me.

But it's just as well. Big Choi's doing okey dokey and I can handle the platoon with Karros.

The Cubbies are 2.5 out of first. They'll seven of the next ten against the team in first place.

IT's been a little while since it's been this way for the Cubbies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home