Saturday, August 16, 2003

Kerry Wood's Bad Day

Kerry went out for the Cubbies today and had him his worst outing in three years. He didn't have his best stuff.

Now, I'm not for intentionally hitting a guy, but I feel like the best thing Kerry could have done this afternoon is, with his first pitch, plunk Dave Roberts in the ribs and back him off the plate.

Waitaminnit. I guess I'm all for hitting a guy on purpose.

Make the Dodgers fear you. Kerry's in the upper echelon of fireballers nowadays, but at one point, Paul LoDuca's head is in line with the umpire's and Damian Miller's--he had no fear of Mr. Wood today. None of the Dodgers did.

I think if he'd plunked Roberts, it might have made a couple other of the Dodgers think about standing over the plate like they did.

We had hoagies for supper. And there was much discussion as to whether mustard goes on them or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home