Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Night Game/Day Game

Just another quick thought on Tony Womack and Randall Simon: With the excess of Day games they're playing in Chicago, maybe it's not a bad idea to stock up. I remember reading a couple of articles about "spare team" concept. I don't remember how exactly it was referred to by name, but basically it's having a feasible amount of people sit out a night game before a day game, so that they can be fresh to start the day game 13 hours later.

I bring this up, because the more I thought about it, the less and less I was liking bringing Tony Womack in, because he didn't fit exactly. Mark Grudzielanek's coming back soon. We got Ramon Martinez.

I'll stand by my left handed bat comment....even though Womack's not been super good. I'll stand behind my comment win or tie.

And all other things being equal, I think it's still nice to have Tony Womack's speed on the bench.

Makes me wonder exactly there Goodwin fits into the equation when he gets back off the D.L.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home