Thursday, September 18, 2003

Me so Hungy

Other people do this, right? I get snippets of dialog in my head. Like you might get a song in in your head, but speaking. If a piece of dialog from a movie, or the radio, or a TV show, even a conversation strikes my fancy, I'll run it over and over in my head.

Sometimes, I think it's so I'll write it down. I find that my friends Jill and Larry J. both have a way of saying things so that I would want to remember them.

Generally, I'll write it down. Sometimes to use them in stories or something.

However.

Sometimes I'll get a snippet of dialog in my head, and I won't know exactly where it came from. And it'll bug me almost as much as getting a song trapped in my brain.

Today's was "Me so Hungy." My mind kept having Homer Simpsons saying "Me so Hungy."

I knew it was Homer Simpson's. I couldn't remember the exact circumstances.

Or actually, I kind of remembered, but talked myself out of the right answer. Even when Bill suggested the right answer, I couldn't accept it.

But Bill was right.

The episode of The Simpsons in question is Hungry, Hungry Homer, in which Homer discovers his beloved teah, the Isotopes (Springfield's minor league baseball team) is moving to Albuquerque. The owner of the team denies this. Homer stages a hunger strike to protest the owner's dishonesty.

The owner (H.K. MacDuff) moves Homer to the centerfield grandstand. After 12 days, Homer gives up, and wants to eat.

The exchange between MacDuff and Homer:

H. K. Duff VIII: Well, Homer, your hunger strike lasted 12 amazing days.

Homer: Me so hungy.


I was wrong. Bill was right.

I would do well to remember that.

And you would too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home