Saturday, September 20, 2003

Now that's a rivalry

From Leaning Toward the Dark Side

A Giants fan seems to have shot a Dodgers fan after their game last night at Dodger Stadium.

Now, I can appreciate having passion for you team. But when you've managed to vilify the other team in your own mind to the point you want to kill their fans. Well. Maybe you need a couple more hobbies to keep your ass busy.

My parents are Braves fans, and I'm a Cubs fan, and this has led to no particular discontent in our relationships, even when the Braves knocked the Cubs out in 98.

I mean, sure, my Dad and I engage in a battle of wits over such things (which, when you think about it, is much akin to a shove fight between pre-schoolers over their favorite toy), but we've not managed to elevate the animosity beyond making jokes about how ugly the other is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home