Sunday, October 26, 2003

The Ghostie

I'm taking care of the dogs at my folks' house this weekend.

And the ghostie's back. At least I think.

At the very least, something has the attention of the animals.

Max, the pug, watched something going up and down the stairs for about 20 minutes last night. Seriously. His eyes were tracking something from the foot of the stairs, up to the landing, and all they way to the top. And then back down to the bottom. At roughly the same rate it would take somebody to climb, and then descend the stairs. He was looking about head height, too. I distracted him with a rawhide chew, and told him to stop staring at the spooks.

And a little while ago, the big black cat, who was sleeping in the bedroom, came running out of the back of the house, ears laid back. She would stop every few steps, stop, look back and up, and then start trotting again. She did this all the way to the door, which she wanted out. Which is odd in and of itself, because normally she's really skittish about doors. She only wanted out. The part that weirded me out was that she never looked at the same place twice. Again, like she was looking up at something that was following.

It's probably something else. But the eyes of the animals bother me.

Nothing's ever pestered me specifically. It never really has. I got really weirded out the night a few years ago I was here by myself and heard steps on the stairway. I felt silly threatening an apparently empty hallway with a softball bat. But when I heard the steps again a few minutes later, I took a little break from the house, and let it get it out of its system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home