Saturday, October 25, 2003

I'd like to submit my resume

Can I be the new manager of the Yankees?

I wouldn't take it. Unless they paid me really well.

I hate the Yankees. Even more than the Designated Hitter rule. It does my heart good to see them beaten, and beaten soundly. It does my heart even better to see those wretched, arrogant sunsabitches in the stands at Yankee Stadium who've come to accept a yearly World Series Titles as a birthright slowly file out in stunned silence while the Fish dance and parade triumphantly on the field.

I'm happy to hear Zimmer tell the world he's leaving before George can kick him out.

Congratulations to the Marlins. To Pudge. To Juan Pierre, Luis Castillo and Mike Lowell, to Jeff Conine (again). To Josh Beckett, Brad Penny and even to Mark "Losing Pitcher" Redman. And Especially to Ugueth Urbina. Because somebody nicknamed Oogy deserves to win something.

You played good ball, boys. I'm sorry I didn't get more into this Series. I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it...if only you hadn't beaten the Cubs along the way.

I hope Loria keeps most of you around.

I hope the Miami fans actually show up to see this good young team next year. I wish to God I'd lived in Miami this past season.

No. That's not true. I'm much to big to enjoy the Miami Humidity.

And with that, we say goodbye to another baseball season.

Thanks, boys. I enjoyed this one. I enjoyed it more than a lot, despite the fact I didn't care one iota about the World Series.

And we begin the speculation as to what the next baseball season will bring.

(And also the beginning of the second most important season in popular culture: The Simpsons begin their season next week. Huzzah.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home