Wednesday, October 22, 2003

What a Day

What we learned today:

1. A baseball bat can be fully concealed in the back cushions of the couch in my living room. So. If I'm asleep on the couch, and a bear should barge into my apartment, I'll have a bat to fend the bugger off. There is also a flashlight hidden in the depths of the couch, so I can blind him. But the TV remote control is hopelessly lost in the depths of the big brown couch, I'm afraid.

2. The BBC series "The Office" kicks ass. It came recommended, and I rented a disc of it (had another free rental I hadn't used). I don't normally dig on British television, but this is extremely smart and clever comedy. I haven't laughed this hard at a television show since Andy Richter Controls the Universe.

And there's a pair of incidents involving Gareth's stapler in the first episode which made me nearly lose my mind laughing.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

3.) The dish soap I bought today smells very pretty. And it made me smell very pretty, after I'd been doing dishes for a few minutes.

4.) And an ugliness reared its head on the blog. I'm sorry to see it, because it came from an ignorant, kneejerk response to something I said as a joke. You should never take anything I say on this blog too seriously, and you should always keep in mind that I'm doing this to occupy and entertain me--not you.

Unless I'm talking about the Chicago Cubs. I won't joke around about them.

Or if I'm carrying a really big axe. Or, as Dave Attel says, if I'm running full bore, naked, down the road, and screaming at you to run, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home