Monday, October 13, 2003

This Weekend: the Final Thoughts

1.) Well. The Marlins beat the Cubs. That was the Josh Beckett that I was afraid was going to show up. He was just nasty. And I hated it, but I was impressed the way he went after Sammy, especially after Sammy yelled at the young pitcher for throwing up near his head. I shouldn't have been surprised by his balls. But I was.

2.) Fat Mo's is open in Murfreesboro. There is no good reason to go anywhere else in Murfreesboro for a hamburger. (Unless you're already at Buster's or Toot's: these two establishments rounding out the top three here in the Boro)

They have 27 oz. heart attack on a bun. The Fat Mo's Super Deluxe. That's more than a pound and a half of meat, bun, bacon, BBQ sauce, jalapenos and cheese. That's not what I got. I just wanted to point it out to you.

I think they could add one more patty to that, and if you're able to finish it, it should be free. But that's just me.

3.) The Titans beat the Texans. Steve McNair had hisself a helluva game. On top of that, the Colts lost.

4.) Game Show Network is showing the Regis Philben hosted Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Which is cool, because it features the fastest finger competition, to determine who goes to the hot seat--it's something I really miss when they show the syndicated edition. They're showing the supermodel edition right now.

Yeah. Heidi Klum is pretty cool.

I can remember calling the toll free number to try and get on the show, back in the day.

I'd kick ass. Unless I got tripped up really early on by some stupid pop music questions. Or if I got a question about architecture. Or opera. Or art. Or cooking.

My roommate and I baked in the hot summer sun a couple of summers back outside the Vanderbilt Loews Plaza, along with the scary smart Charlie Steinhice, waiting to take the contestant search test.

I'm still waiting for their call. Passed the test. Interviewed.

I just don't have a television personality.

5.) I have more of a garbage collector personality.

6.) The big toe on my right foot hurts. Call an ambulance....or a toe truck.

7.) Yeah. That's all I got.

8.) Goodnight, internet. Goodnight, Gunny. Goodnight, Ramen Noodles. Goodnight refridgerator.

9.) I just corrected a typo, which read "fasted finger competition." That's not quite the same thing, and I think it would make for much slower television.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home