Saturday, November 01, 2003

No Trick or Treaters

Just wanted to report that we had no Trick-or-Treaters at Casa de Big Stupid Tommy this year. I live in what are still the college apartments. So it's mostly college people, and very few children of trick-or-treating age.

This was my fourth Halloween, here, I think. Maybe it's my fifth.

My first living here, I didn't know if we should expect trick or treaters or not, so I picked up a bag of Reese's Cups just in case. No Trick or Treaters, but I gave those Reese's Cups a good home. Judging from the size of my ass, they still haven't left.

A couple of years ago, we got one trick or treater. I'd been working, and got home Halloween night just as it was getting dark. I'd done a Jack O'Lantern that year, so I lit a candle and put it inside the pumpkin.

About 15 minutes after I'd come in, there was a knock on the door. And there was my neighbor from downstairs. It was was a family with 2 kids. The mother had brought her daughter (dressed as a fairy, I believe) for candy.

I didn't have any candy. But after rummaging around in the kitchen, I gave her a couple of my roommate's Little Debbie snack cakes.

And we got a couple of Power Rangers last year. I'd forgotten about them until I went to sleep last night. But they knocked on my door around 8:30, which in this part of the Central Time Zone is right around four hours after dark. These kids were nine, maybe ten. No parents anywhere around. I was eating my fast food chicken sandwich. I hadn't even turned any lights on. I just had the kitchen light in the back and the TV on. But still they knocked.

"Sorry, guys. No candy," I'd said.

"Oh," was all either of them said. And they knocked on the neighbor across the way. I heard that neighbor tell them much the same thing, and also their next door neighbor.

I heard them going down the steps, and one of them said to the other: "Man, this sucks!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home