Saturday, December 20, 2003

Saturday

Not a whole lot going on at my house this Saturday before Christmas.

I slept most of it. What with working nights, and all.

I did shave today. For the first time in a couple of weeks. I had a scraggly little beard going. I've got a bad combination of Cherokee and Irish on my Mom's side of the family when it comes to growing beards--it comes in, but it's a little spotty. Instead of a guy with a beard, I look like a guy who's a little too lazy to shave every morning.

Which is a shame, because in reality, I'm a guy who's a little too lazy to shave every morning.

I was the only one in my pick'em league to predict that the Falcons would beat the Bucs. I've worked on one simple rule when it comes to picking the winner of Tampa Bay games this year: the Bucs can't win at home.

Also, they've operated this whole year on the premise that they're the only ones who actually deserve the World Championship, and as such, they felt like they didn't actually need to play for anything. Like they figured they could swagger their way to the playoffs, and everybody would just lay down for them.

It will do my heart good to see Warren Sapp and the rest of his ilk sitting home come playoff time.

In other news....what in the world is going on with our sports teams this year? First, the Cubs come within five outs of the Series, and the Red Sox are the same....and now we have the Cincinnati Bengals contending for a playoff spot?

Also, it's cold outside. Not super cold. Not Wisconsin cold. Not Barrow, Alaska cold. Not Hoth--your tauntaun will freeze cold. But it's cold. With wind. And also goblins.

I can't type tonight. I keep transposing letters, and junk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home