Friday, January 30, 2004

Dead Person's Knees

A few days ago, my Dad had a small incident involving a chair, a lightbulb, gravity and his knee. And right around the same time as my birthday next month, he gets to have some cutting and pasting done on that knees, as he's done horrible, rending damage to his ACL.

His replacement ACL will come out of a cadaver. Because it just wouldn't do to have everyday Joe Walkaround donating ligaments out of his knees. I got to thinking about this last night, and this is great! Because it means my Dad will be a small percentage zombie, and maybe he can convince Mom to serve brains every now and then.

People brains. Healthy people brains. And not any of those bovine spongiform encephalopathy brains. And none of those special brains. You know...the one's from Abby...some one

Dr. Friedrich von Frankenstein: Igor, would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?

Igor: And you won't be angry?

Dr. Friedrich von Frankenstein: I will NOT be angry.

Igor: Abby someone.

Dr. Friedrich von Frankenstein: Abby someone. Abby who?

Igor: Abby Normal.

Dr. Friedrich von Frankenstein: Abby Normal?

Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.

Dr. Friedrich von Frankenstein: Do you mean to tell me that I put an abnormal brain into an, 8 foot tall, 300 pound, GORILLA?


What a great flick. Is there a modern day equivalent to Marty Feldman?

He'll get to work from home for a little while, too, after his surgery. I can't say that the dogs will mind the company, and I'd say they'll give him considerably less guff than his co-workers. Except that he'll occasionally have to let the dogs out to go poop. But to hear him tell it, he's got a couple he's got to do that for at work, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home