Thursday, January 08, 2004

Random Stuff

The hippy girls from downstairs are moving.

At least, that's what I assume by the signs posted all over the apartment complex reading "moving sale" and their apartment number. Truth be told, they've been very nice, the couple of times I've talked to them.

The one girl has a teacher's voice....which is appropriate, because she is an education major. And I say teacher's voice, because when she talks, her voice hits that perfect tone which cuts through all the bullshit in your head and drills itself right into the back of your head. So that you learn. And never forget. The kind, which on a windless day, can still be heard pretty plainly for two miles, if she applies herself. And the type which pulls a feller out of a deep sleep. Whether that deep sleep is at his school desk, or up in his apartment, it doesn't really matter.

I think I'll go buy their couch, which they're advertising as "Make an Offer." And I'll wedge it into the hall closet. To have as a spare, in case the current couch goes bad.

The current couch, by the way? Eats things. And I don't mean stuff like money, or keys, although it certain does swallow those things. Remote controls aren't surprising, either--I've got a theory that the Playstation 2's DVD remote is hidden somewhere in its bowels.

But the couch also eats things like the throw pillows. There are about five throw pillows in the apartment, and in an apartment of guys, that means they get thrown at each other occasionally. But the couch eats those...you'll pull one mashed and folded out of the arm occasionally.

But I've also pulled shirts out of there, one of my DVDs, a book that I was reading and also my Cubs cap....and that last one made me want to fight the couch. For eating my Cubs cap.

I'm afraid that I'm going to fall asleep on the couch one day, and wake up in its belly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home