Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Ryne Sandberg

I spent all my vitriol last year. Ryno was simply the best defensive second baseman until Robby Alomar hit the league, and the best offensive second baseman for a decade until his crappy retirement year in 94. Craig Biggio be damned.

A lot of the guys who played in the 80's are gonna get screwed for a while, those years up until 1987 or so being down offensive production years, on the whole.

Seems to me too many members of the Baseball Writers are numbers men, and not necessarily baseball men.

Gary Carter got his annual bufu for what, seven years?

At least Ryno's on pace to get in by 2006. Of course, he'll probably be completely bald by then.

In the meantime, I suggest we round up a posse, head over to Joe Morgan's house, and simply stand there and dare him to say something.

It would make me feel better, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home