Saturday, January 10, 2004

Robert Fick goes to Tampa

I was just sitting there the other day. Doing nothing. Staring into space. Pondering. As I often do. And it pops into my head: Whattup with Robert Fick?

And I got screaming, throwing stuff mad when I remembered his little tomahawk chop he gave The Karros in the Braves/Cubs playoff series. And I wasn't sure of Fick's contract status. I couldn't remember if the Braves had signed him to a multi-year deal when he came down from the Tigers.

And I was hoping for a multi-year deal.

Because I desperately wanted Robert to be playing with Atlanta in 2004, just so he could come to the plate in the first Cubs series with Kerry "I Hit the Batters Sometimes" Wood on the mound.

It also made me smile the idea of getting revenge for a guy (Karros) who isn't even on your team anymore.....

But alas....it ain't to be. Yet. The Ficker signed with the Devil Rays.

It's alright. I think revenge will come long after Fick's career is over. Late one cold night, in 2049, at Fick's homestead (shack) in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Fick's gone out to get wood for the fire.....And bionic assassin Kerry "I Assassinate People in the Future" Wood fires a 128 m.p.h. fastball at Fick's head.....and The Fickster dies lonely, cold, with a fastball embedded in the back of his head.....

As the scene fades to black, Wood taps the Starfleet Communicator on his chest, and says, "Wood to Enterprise....tell Emperor Dusty that we got the bastard....for The Karros....."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home