Friday, February 06, 2004

I wrote too long

I had written an opinion piece of sorts about Apologists and whatnot. It was pretty good, I thought, especially for a guy who usually spends his blogger time talking about how many grapes he's eaten and griping about how bad it smells around his apartment.

And as I proof-read (and if that's not proof of how seriously I took what I wrote, that I was proofreading, I don't know what is), the power went off. For like 10 seconds. I don't use any kind of power backup, or anything....that would be too smart. And all was lost.

Dammit.

It was all inspired by Emily's post here, where she links to this article on the Origins of Occidentalism, and she takes Eurosnobs and apologists to task.

Go read what she's written. It's very good. And imagine what I might have done. It might not have been as good--most bloggers are at least as clever as three BSTommy's, but I think it might have been nice. Think of it like that one post about the really bad sneeze I had, except about America, apologists and all that jazz.

Me? I'm just going to read a while, and go to bed. I get to work for 3 hours or so tonight. Hardly worth getting up for.

Stupid electrical power...stupid me for suckling at its teat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home