Friday, March 19, 2004

R.A. Dickey

R.A. Dickey's a regular on Nashville radio. He's a friend and favorite guest of George Plaster, and through talk radio, Nashville listeners have listened to R.A.'s thoughts as he's progressed from college and through the Rangers' minor league system. He pitched well for the Rangers last year, but is competing for a spot in the Rangers' bullpen.

ESPN.com has an article about him. He doesn't have to worry about Tommy John surgery, because he has pitched without an ulnar collateral ligament most, if not all, of his life.

"Doctors look at me and say I shouldn't be able to turn a doorknob without feeling pain. I shouldn't be able to start my car without feeling pain," Dickey says. "But here I am being able to throw five out of seven days in the major leagues over 90 mph consistently. It's a miracle."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home