Friday, April 02, 2004

Danielle's Friday Five

Danielle's stepped up with a couple (or, five, rather) questions to step in for the regular Friday Five, who's now taken two weeks off in a row. Thank God they're writing just goofy questions on the internet, and not handing out anti-psychosis medication.

Her theme is children's books.

1. Are there any books from your childhood that stick out in your mind as favorites?

There was a Choose your Own Adventure book called Ghost Hunter, which sticks out. Also, Babar goes to space.

2. Which series of books did you have to read every single one?

I tried to read every Hardy Boys book, but didn't get anywhere close. I think I read every Little House on the Prairie book, because I got them for Christmas one year.

3. Which Dr. Seuss book was your favourite?

I was always partial to The Lorax.

And: Oh Say Can you Say?, which may not have been a Seuss, but was very Seussian and was a bunch of tongue-twisting poems accompanied by the pictures.

4. Did you ever have to dress up as a book character for school?

Does Pigpen count? That wasn't intentional, however.

5. Do you have a favourite memory of being read to?

See, this is weird. Because I know I was read to. But I just don't remember anything specific. Also, I started reading at a really early age, so by the end of kindergarten, I was pretty much reading my own stuff.

Although now that I think about it, I do remember Mom reading a story about a dog named Fletcher that wanted to be hatched. I remember because she would make funny voices, especially when the dog named Fletcher went "Peep."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home