Thursday, April 01, 2004

Spring Training Wins

From ESPN, we have the leaders in wins (to date) in the exhibition season:

Kerry Wood, CHN 5
Shawn Estes, COL 4
Jon Garland, CHA 4
Carlos Zambrano, CHN 4
Tyler Yates, NYM 4
Donovan Osborne, NYY 4

It's nice to see Kerry having a helluva spring. 5-0, in six starts. With an ERA just over 1.00. I hope Kerry's setting himself up to make some major noise this year.

And Big Z's chimed in himself on the list.

But I bring this to your attention is the second name on the list.

Shawn Estes.

Shawn Estes!?!?!?!

Shawn "Losing Pitcher" Estes?

Yeah, I know it's just spring training, but I can't remember Shawn "Left Handed Loss" Estes winning four games all of last season for the Cubs.

Ah well. When that slow floating curve hits the thin air of Coors Field, I think Mr. Estes might be most of the way to retirement by the end of the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home