Tuesday, May 18, 2004

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday--because the goblins in my brain need photons from the TV to digest my succulent brain cells.

Jay Leno once quipped when he was alone in an elevator his mind always reverted to the lowest song he could think of: "Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed..."

Love them or hate them, TV theme songs stick with us for years! If you're stuck on some lyrics, click here for a comprehensive page with words I never even knew existed. (Who knew I Dream of Jeannie had lyrics???)

On that musical note:

1. What is your favorite TV theme song?


The theme song to the Dukes of Hazzard. Good Ol' Boys.

I also like the Diff'rent Strokes theme song.

Also, the theme to the old Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno Incredible Hulk show was really good, too.

2. Which song drives you crazy enough to hit mute on the remote?

There aren't any, that I can think of. I was a little annoyed by the Friends theme when it first started, because it would get stuck in my head.

3. Which song are your proud to say you remember (most of) the lyrics to???

Oh hell. Dukes of Hazzard. The spoken intro to A-Team. The G.I. Joe cartoon theme.

~Bonus~ Put the lyrics on your page (from memory), and I'll list you next week in the TV Tuesday Theme Song Hall of Fame. Don't forget to leave a comment so I'll know you posted!

Just the good ol' boys.
Never meanin' no harm.
Beats all you ever saw
Been in trouble with the law
Since the Day they was born!

Straightening the curves.
Flattening the hills.
Someday, the mountain may get them,
But the law never will.

Makin' their way,
the only way they know how.
That's just a little bit more
Than what the law will allow.

Just the good old boys.
Wouldn't change if they could.
Fightin' the system like two modern-day Robin Hoods!

Thanks for playing, and remember:

"Got kind of tired packing and unpacking,
Town to town and up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
But baby think of me once in awhile.

I'm at WKRP in Cincinnati..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home